A Turning Point
Last night was not the best night for Mark. The NG tube was driving him crazy and he was awake off and on most of the night coughing and generally just miserable. We were taking his first walk down the hall at 4am! At least there was no traffic!
We were blessed with a wonderful soaking rainstorm today. So, this afternoon while the skies were very dark, I turned off the lights and we each dozed in our appropriate beds (well, mine is a recliner) and that was what we both needed! We've continued the "no visitor" sign thru today, so it's been quiet and restful.
His NG tube was removed at 5:58pm to be exact! We offered his nurse large sums of money to come as soon as possible! He is a far stretch from feeling well. But, he's like a new man now and I think I might have even seen a small grin from his face once this evening! He even told his nurse "thank you" for something and he hasn't done that once since surgery! Too bad these nurses don't know what a really nice man they are taking care of. Perhaps they will before we go home.
Many thanks for your prayers for Will today. He called from Dallas as they boarded the plane; from Las Vegas as they changed planes and from San Francisco when they arrived. He is really good to communicate and especially now with his dad in the hospital. I want him to enjoy his trip, be Jesus to the homeless he encounters, and be at peace with not being here with Mark.
I don't know what tomorrow holds as far as his recovery plan. I think we will do "limited" visits to 5 minutes and then by Monday, be able to receive all friends and family. We are both enjoying reading the BLOG comments, the emails and the cards that we have received. Each message is soothing to our weary souls. Keep them coming!
As I finish this BLOG, I look at the clock and it's been EXACTLY one week to the hour and almost to the minute since we first heard the word "tumor" and our lives changed. But, in the last week, God has been busy hearing the prayers of faithful friends and family members and He's been so good and blessed us so abundantly! Now, I'm thinking of yet another Zoe song that has been a favorite of mine..."I will never be the same again. I can never return, I've closed the door. I'll walk the path, I'll run the race and I will never be the same again."
Blessings to you all!
We were blessed with a wonderful soaking rainstorm today. So, this afternoon while the skies were very dark, I turned off the lights and we each dozed in our appropriate beds (well, mine is a recliner) and that was what we both needed! We've continued the "no visitor" sign thru today, so it's been quiet and restful.
His NG tube was removed at 5:58pm to be exact! We offered his nurse large sums of money to come as soon as possible! He is a far stretch from feeling well. But, he's like a new man now and I think I might have even seen a small grin from his face once this evening! He even told his nurse "thank you" for something and he hasn't done that once since surgery! Too bad these nurses don't know what a really nice man they are taking care of. Perhaps they will before we go home.
Many thanks for your prayers for Will today. He called from Dallas as they boarded the plane; from Las Vegas as they changed planes and from San Francisco when they arrived. He is really good to communicate and especially now with his dad in the hospital. I want him to enjoy his trip, be Jesus to the homeless he encounters, and be at peace with not being here with Mark.
I don't know what tomorrow holds as far as his recovery plan. I think we will do "limited" visits to 5 minutes and then by Monday, be able to receive all friends and family. We are both enjoying reading the BLOG comments, the emails and the cards that we have received. Each message is soothing to our weary souls. Keep them coming!
As I finish this BLOG, I look at the clock and it's been EXACTLY one week to the hour and almost to the minute since we first heard the word "tumor" and our lives changed. But, in the last week, God has been busy hearing the prayers of faithful friends and family members and He's been so good and blessed us so abundantly! Now, I'm thinking of yet another Zoe song that has been a favorite of mine..."I will never be the same again. I can never return, I've closed the door. I'll walk the path, I'll run the race and I will never be the same again."
Blessings to you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home