Day 1- Post Op
Today has been a long day. But, a very typical first post-op day. Mark's incision is quite long, but considering he's a "long" guy, I guess that shouldn't come as any surprise! Today has been spent doing breathing treatments, sitting on the side of the bed, eating ice and putting up with his doting wife. He's in a moderate amount of pain. They measure everything here on a "1-10" scale, so he's saying his pain is a 4-5. Not bad, but he does have a medication pump so he can use it whenever he wants. What a great invention! He's had quite a few visitors today, but I've caught everyone at the door and visited with them and then let them just stick their head in and wave, so he doesn't have to talk. He still has an N-G tube down his nose, so he doesn't care to chat right now. I spent last night with him and will again tonight and as many nights as possible. Our precious neighbor, Kenneth Pybus, called tonight and offered to stay the night with him and let me go home and sleep. His wife, Amy has come up every day and brought me my favorite sweet tea from Chicken Express. I hope everyone is as blessed as we are with unselfish, kind and loving neighbors. (by the way, I am NOT going home!)
As if I haven't asked enough, I have just a few more prayer requests:
1) Will is leaving tomorrow afternoon for San Francisco with a group of ACU students
on a Spring Break mission trip. One student told us that he went there last
year and that was the most scared he'd been in his whole life! Pray for
safety.
2) Katie is leaving early in the morning for Nashville for a spring break vacation.
She and Brad York (a lifelong friend family friend) are driving together. Pray
for safety.
3) Our angel friend, Darrell Martin came up again tonight to check on Mark. He's
our friend whose wife is near the end of her journey here on Earth. He told us
tonight that she had seen a couple of angels and she was at peace and so is he.
Pray for comfort and strength.
Mark and I send our love to all our dear friends and family who have accessed this BLOG and sent kind messages either thru comments or thru emails.
As if I haven't asked enough, I have just a few more prayer requests:
1) Will is leaving tomorrow afternoon for San Francisco with a group of ACU students
on a Spring Break mission trip. One student told us that he went there last
year and that was the most scared he'd been in his whole life! Pray for
safety.
2) Katie is leaving early in the morning for Nashville for a spring break vacation.
She and Brad York (a lifelong friend family friend) are driving together. Pray
for safety.
3) Our angel friend, Darrell Martin came up again tonight to check on Mark. He's
our friend whose wife is near the end of her journey here on Earth. He told us
tonight that she had seen a couple of angels and she was at peace and so is he.
Pray for comfort and strength.
Mark and I send our love to all our dear friends and family who have accessed this BLOG and sent kind messages either thru comments or thru emails.

1 Comments:
Debbie & Mark,
You continue to be in our prayers and Cayden's prayers. I am glad to hear the surgery went as well as it did. Thanks for all your words on the BLOG. May God continue to bless you. We can't wait to see you again face to face. Hey what are Mark and I going to do for our Birthdays? I can't celebrate with out him!
Love Ya Much
Scott
By
Scott & Erica, at 11:55 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home