He Leadeth Me

Friday, March 04, 2005

What a Way to Spend Spring Break!

I had just written this really great BLOG report when the internet shut down and I lost the whole thing! Ugh! I'm only going to write an abbreviated version this time.

We were suppose to be in Fredericksburg tonight at a beautiful B&B to start off Spring Break and with some really dear friends. However, here we are in Hendrick "B&B" with some really dear nurses and some really dear friends dropping by. You just never know what God has planned do you? That is why you should always make sure you don't have thread-bare socks on......Mark!

Last night was definately more restful than the night of the surgery! We were both able to sleep in one hour increments which was great. Mark has sat on the side of the bed and in the chair twice today which has been shakey for him, but every time he gets better at it. The surgeon came in this morning and decided against taking out the NG tube today which was not what we were anticipating. So, he's still on IV fluids and ice chips. As in the words of a wise college student (Will) "Dad, you're gonna look GOOD when you get out of here!"

As far as the pathology report, basically still no news. The surgeon reported that he spoke to the pathologist this morning and she said that they are doing more tests to determine exactly what kind of tumor it is. It is not your everyday, run-of-the-mill tumor. We knew that from the moment it was diagnosed in the ER. They feel like we'll have a report between Monday to Wednesday next week. Then, the speciman will be sent off for another read in Dallas or another large lab.

People are kind of surprised that Mark and I don't seem anxious about getting the results. I guess because he feels so bad right now, it just doesn't matter. At least we're not having to deal with his recuperation and a lab report. Hopefully, by the time we get the news, Mark will be well on his way to feeling better and we'll be ready to deal with whatever the outcome.

As we speak, they are changing his IV for the fourth time since we've been here! He is a patient trouper.

Katie just called and reported they had a safe trip to Nashville and she was so excited to start seeing her friends. Thanks for your prayers on her behalf. Will and his team leave at 8am in the morning out of Dallas for San Francisco. Pray.

Tonight, I, personally, am so thankful for my brother-in-law Bruce Riggs of Richardson, TX. Bruce drove up today and is going back tomorrow sometime. But, he stayed with Mark solo for a while and that allowed me to go home for an hour or so and shower, change clothes and love on our dog, Sandy for a while before returning for the night. Wearing the same clothes for almost 48 hours is unbearable! Ick! So, I was sooooo thankful to be able to shower and clean up and return to Mark smelling much better than I had left him! He's going to allow me the same thing in the morning before he heads back. What a blessing family and friends are!

Oh yes, I've had so many nice comments on this BLOG site. I would have never shared this site in a million years. But, I do believe it has been a good thing for those not here to know what's happening. However, I've had several comments that there are some of you who would rather just email me back and not have to BLOG a comment. That is just great and here is my address: dkrapplepie@aol.com

Please continue to pray for his speedy recovery, patience with nurses and for that elusive path report.

Blessings to all!

1 Comments:

  • Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this blog. It is comforting to feel that we are in contact with you without worrying about burdening you with too many calls/emails. We are still praying and thinking about you so much. Love, Connie

    By Blogger Connie Matthews, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home