Let the Summer of 2006 Begin!
I love our summer pace around here! With Mark being a college professor and choosing not to teach summer courses, we get up late and go to bed late. Nothing too exciting in between, unless it’s a late night Nerts (a card game) game with Katie or whoever else we can drag in to play with us!
Just as a word of updating everyone: Mark recently had a check-up (routine) with his oncologist and his “numbers” and other blood work are excellent! And, you can tell by his golf tan that he’s feeling great also!
Katie and Will are continuing to amaze their parents with how they choose to spend their days by serving God and serving others, especially children. If you want to share in their journeys, check out:
Katie’s blog: www.katieriggs.blogspot.com
Will’s blog: www.counselorwill.blogspot.com
We are more than proud of our kids. People will ask us what has been the secret to raising such good, funny, smart, faithful, believing kids? I tell them, “it’s nothing that Mark and I did, except to raise them in a strong church family, pray for them daily and get out of the way and let God use them as He will.” I cannot stress how important I think it was to raise them in a church family that held them as accountable as their own family did! And, when the church had some down times, we didn’t change congregations. We told our kids that when they had down times, we wouldn’t be leaving them. Oh yes, their smarts came from their dad and their funny came from their mom! (I guess the good probably came from their dad, too!) Oh well!
We love you, Katie and Will, and just thank God daily for how you use your lives to glorify Him and teach your parents a few things along the way, as well.
Just as a word of updating everyone: Mark recently had a check-up (routine) with his oncologist and his “numbers” and other blood work are excellent! And, you can tell by his golf tan that he’s feeling great also!
Katie and Will are continuing to amaze their parents with how they choose to spend their days by serving God and serving others, especially children. If you want to share in their journeys, check out:
Katie’s blog: www.katieriggs.blogspot.com
Will’s blog: www.counselorwill.blogspot.com
We are more than proud of our kids. People will ask us what has been the secret to raising such good, funny, smart, faithful, believing kids? I tell them, “it’s nothing that Mark and I did, except to raise them in a strong church family, pray for them daily and get out of the way and let God use them as He will.” I cannot stress how important I think it was to raise them in a church family that held them as accountable as their own family did! And, when the church had some down times, we didn’t change congregations. We told our kids that when they had down times, we wouldn’t be leaving them. Oh yes, their smarts came from their dad and their funny came from their mom! (I guess the good probably came from their dad, too!) Oh well!
We love you, Katie and Will, and just thank God daily for how you use your lives to glorify Him and teach your parents a few things along the way, as well.

2 Comments:
Can I be proud of Katie and Will, too? I am!
By
Sarah, at 10:54 AM
Debbie- I haven't checked your blog in awhile, but I'm so glad to see you've updated. I miss getting to see you! I need to venture out to Abilene soon so I can spend some time with your awesome family!
PS- Start warming up your camera!! I may need your professional services sometime within the next year. For details, talk to your daughter. :)
By
Jennifer, at 8:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home