He Leadeth Me

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

So This Is How It Goes

Our son, Will is a Sophmore at ACU majoring in Graphic Design. (however, he would want me to tell you that he is a Junior by hours accredited) I am very blessed that Will is good to instant message me from time to time to chat and fill me in on what's going on in his world. Here is how our conversation basically went today....

Will: "Hey Mom!"
Me: "Hey, what's up?"
Will: "Oh not much. I know I just got back from my art class that the prof passed back a ton of our projects!" (he also included the face like :-/
Me: "Isn't that good?"
Will: "not necessarily. I looked around and almost no one got any A's! So, that is bad." :(
Me: "So you got bad grades?"
Will: "well, there are bad grades"
Me: "So, did YOU get bad grades?" (now at this point, I'm getting myself pretty worked up for the big speech...you know the kind...I've have both barrels loaded!)
Will: "No, I got almost all A's!!!" "So, that means I'm probably getting an A in a course where the prof never gives A's!"

Now, will someone please explain to me why these conversations happen? Do they not want to just call and say "hey Mom, I'm getting an "A" in art! Woohoo!" ???
I guess I should just be thankful that he's good about sharing his news with me, but as Brandon Scott Thomas would so articulately say, "For the love!"

I've earned most of my gray hairs. A few just came in while I wasn't looking one day. But, I can look at most of them and assign and date, time and name to them!

I love you, Will Riggs! You exasperate me and bring me great joy! But, I don't ever want to know what I'd do without you! Besides, gray hair isn't so bad!

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back....it's been a while. Now Debbie, that's just how guys are. We like to make things look bleak but then be able to pull it out in the end. I guess it's just the part of us that wants to always be a hero!

    (P.S. -- You inspired me to be a blogger!)

    By Blogger Mark Lavender, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home